Thursday, April 9, 2009

How to clean an iron

So, I got a fancy new iron for Christmas and use it just for crafts (since I don't really iron clothes).  I also like to use stitch witchery sometimes and can be a little lazy about it. 
Turns out I got the iron "dirty." Who knew an iron could get dirty and then result in damaging your fabric, permanently with a stain.  I asked my grandmother about cleaning an iron and she said to just use a wet washcloth and rub it over and over on the washcloth until the stuff comes off the iron-didn't work.
So I am in the store the other day, just standing there waiting on someone searching for something, and I see a man pick up a package off of a thing hanging from the shelf.  Bored and curious I go to see what he bought and what do you know, it is iron cleaner.  This stuff cost like 3.00 or so so I decided to give it a try; it totally works and now I can go back to just screwing things up on my own! yay!

No comments: