Saturday, March 21, 2009

What to do with old sheets


I am drawn to these older floral sheets I am finding at yard and estate sales and am inheriting from my mother in law. Some sheets I find have stains on them but the rest of the fabric is fine. I am debating on how to use these without turning them into rags.
Right now I'm thinking of using one of the king flat sheets I found as a quilt back and cutting up the sheets with stains and using those to make a quilt top out of.  It seems like it would be a really comfortable quilt if it were all made out of sheets, I'm just not sure yet (especially since it takes so long to make a quilt). I am going to have to keep brainstorming, however, I do know I would like some pillowcases made out of some, just in case I make the quilt.
Hmm, I bet a skirt, pajama pants, or an apron would be good too.

What to do with old sheets.
1. Make a pillowcase
2. Use flat sheet as quilt backing.
3. Make a duvet cover (if you have 2 flat sheets)
4. Make an apron
5. Make a skirt
6. Make pajama pants (probably really nice for the summertime)
7. Make a quilt top??
8. Yoga mat bag
9. Curtains
10. Laundry bag

No comments: