Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What dreams did you have as a kid?

What did you want to be when you grew up? What did you picture your life as in the future?

I was reading something about Gwen Stefani the other day that said she always imagined herself being a housewife and having kids, that was what she pictured her perfect future as being.

It made me think again about what I pictured my life as being when I was younger. I always saw myself as traveling around the world. Not necessarily going on vacations around the world-i never thought of these things as vacations. But rather, living in different places for periods of time, or being in different places for the purpose of working or helping others.
I remember when i was in school (undergrad) telling people I wanted to be a flight attendant and people would laugh. But really, I always thought it would be a fantastic job. It paid enough to pay bills, you got to travel, and an added benefit to the job would be free travel. I mean, all I ever really wanted was a job that would allow me to fulfill that dream. I wasn't concerned about money or kids or getting married, just about how to get to where i wanted to be.

now i am wondering, how can i attain that. i mean, it is still a dream of mine, but i wonder now, how much is that a dream of mine? if this is what i really want, then i can find a way to make it happen. and i also wonder, how many people are out there just floating around living their life and going through the motions as opposed to living their dream or finding a way to live that dream.

No comments: