Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I cannot give you what you seek

Good Morning everyone. I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day so far. It is hump day and I definitely feel like that is an accurate metaphor for how I feel about my life right now. So many things are coming together, so many things need to be attended to, important details, things that impact my life and others and not just for now, but for the future.
Sometimes the things that you want so desperately, and long for so desperately, just don't come to fruition. And quite frankly, it may have absolutely nothing to do with me-it just is.
I don't particularly like to reference movies or TV but sometimes find it helps to explain or better describe a point. In one of the Lord of the Rings movies (they were running them back to back the other week) I remember the guy (the one that's supposed to be the "real king" or some such thing) turning to the woman and saying "I cannot give you what you seek." And he gets on his horse and rides off. To me, that is how I feel sometimes-I am the one hearing the words "I cannot give you what you seek." And quite honestly, that is a hard pill to swallow.

No comments: