Saturday, September 6, 2008

Time to get some craft on today-Key Fobs



Well, some of the ribbon I ordered came in yesterday along with part of the material I need to make the key fobs. All I need now is the cotton webbing which I plan on picking up today when I head out later. I want to go ahead and get one made because I have someone in mind that I would like to give one to on Monday in appreciation for her and her work. I hope she likes it.

Anyway-I learned about how to do this from my current favorite creative blog (link on the right side of my page) How About Orange. But the original instructions came from JCaroline Creative who has a tutorial for this. Click here for the tutorial .

After I get my first one made I'll post a pic, at least it if turns out decent (fingers crossed).




Update: I made two of these tonight. Hancock's didn't have 1 1/4 in. cotton webbing so I just bought the one inch kind. I also used stitch witchery instead of the heat n bond. I actually think I like the looks of the keyfob when using the 1 in webbing instead. The only thing is the clasps I have are 1 1/4 in. so it looks a little different. I'm not sure if I like this or not, I may end up going to the 1 1/4 in. webbing and buying it off the internet or something.
The hardware is actually nickel, they just look gold in the pic.

No comments: